The woman who played one of television’s most-loved moms died on Saturday. Barbara Billingsley, known to generations as June Cleaver from Leave It to Beaver, passed away at her Santa Monica home at age 94.
June was the “ideal mother,” Billingsley said in an
Name seven TV moms you’re glad you didn’t have as your real mom.
1. Lucy - She was too chaotic, and she would have surely embarrassed me as a teen. Of course, I tend to embarrass my kids sometimes, so maybe that's just what moms do.
2. Roseanne - She was way to rough around the edges for me....
3. Lisa Douglas from "Green Acres" - Lisa was far to prissy and couldn't cook either!
4. Sheldon Cooper's mom on "The Big Bang Theory" - I'm a good christian, but her holier-than-thou attitude is too way over the top!
5. Howard Wolowitz's mom, again from "The Big Bang Theory" - Just her tone of voice grates on my nerves....I definitely would not have tolerated a pushy Jewish mom like Howard's.
6. Endora from "Bewitched" - Endora never called her son-in-law by his correct name and spent most of the time trying to sabotage Samantha’s mortal existence....just not prefect mom material, in my opinion.
7. Mrs. Brown from the "Peanuts" TV shows - Mrs. Brown gave her children far too much freedom to do what they wanted, and was never seen....parents have to be a presence in their children's lives....