Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1

[Day 1]
Introduce yourself, post a recent picture and give 15 interesting facts

I'm linking up with Katie K. for the next month or so for the 30 Day Blog Challenge. 
Wish me, and everyone else who's participating, perseverance and good luck!

I'm Jo Black.  I'm a teacher, a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend.
I'm an aunt, a cousin, and a daughter-in-law.
I'm a christian.

I grew up in Cheraw, the youngest of 5 children.  I went to public school and then off to Winthrop College to study special education.  After Winthrop, I started teaching in Marlboro County,
 and am still employed here 27 years later. 
I am married to Chuck, and together we have three children. 
They are the lights of my life. 

[15 interesting facts]
1.  I love to cook, but hate measuring and following recipes.
2.  I start each morning with a tall, cold glass of diet Coke.
3.  Thursday is my favorite day of the week. 
4.  I am most comfortable in formal church services - "high church"
5.  I used to smoke cigarettes, but now despise the smell of them.
6.  I gave birth to three children in less than two years.
7.  The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie and I can
recite most of it word for word.
8.  Dunkin' Doughnuts coffee from the truck stop near I-95
is worth the drive to get it.
9.  Our son Charles stole my heart the minute he was born.
10.  Lawren and Mary Jo were conceived on two separate days,
according to my OB doctor.
11.  I love hot weather.
12.  I don't like sticky stuff....it creeps me out!
13.  I never make a list before going to the grocery store.
14.  I had a premonition that I'll have breast cancer. 
I hope it does not come true.
15.  I'm very patient with those who try hard,
but very impatient with those who are lazy and disrespectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment