Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you?

On September 11, 2001, I was teaching at McColl Elementary/Middle School when the teacher across the hallway, Michelle, got a call saying that a jet had crashed into the World Trade Center in NY.  We turned on our classroom televisions and watched in terror as the second tower was hit.  It was a most awful day, and was so difficult to explain to the students that this was real, not a movie.

I remember the feeling I got when I realized that so many FDNY personnel were trapped inside the towers when they fell.  With Chuck being a firefighter, I knew that if he had been there, he would have probably been right there with the 343 heroes who were doing all they could to help those in need.  My heart swelled with pride and broke in sympathy for the families of those who gave all.

No comments:

Post a Comment