Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How do you solve a problem like....

I've had this song on my mind today....you can substitute Lawren and Mary Jo's name for Maria's....
I wish people would remember that children will be children. that girls will be girls.
I wish people would pick their battles....don't sweat the small stuff.
I wish my girls the skill and grace to pave their way to success with good decisions, smart thinking, and common sense.

Lawren and Mary Jo... I love you and I'm proud of you both.


"Maria"
"How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means 'Maria'?
A fibberty-jibbet,
A will-of-a-wisp,
A clown!
Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her.
Many a think she ought to understand,
But how to you make her stay, and listen to all you say?
How do you keep a wave upon the sand?
How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

When I'm with her I'm confused, out of focus and bemused,
and I never know exactly where I am..
Unpredictable as weather,
She's as flighty as a feather,
She's a darling,
She's a demon,
She's a lamb.
She'd out pester any pest, drive a hornet from it's nest,
She can throw a whirling dervish out of whirl.
She is gentle,
She is wild,
She's a riddle,
She's a child,
She's a headache,
She's an angel,
She's a girl!
Oh, How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?"

No comments:

Post a Comment