Monday, September 20, 2010

Miscellany Monday - Sept. 20, 2010



Last evening, the girls and I went to Judgement House in Dillon with the CUMC youth group.  The drama was about a young man who had gone to live with his grandma after his parents went to prison for drug use.  The boy committed suicide by overdosing after his grandma's unexpected death.  He had rejected God, felt hopeless, and consequently, spent his eternity in hell.   I hope that the drama had an impact on the youth that attended....it sure had one on me.

At school, I really enjoy my 2 cups of coffee each morning.  It is always piping hot and ready (thanks to Miss Viv) when I walk into my office...I can smell it's rich, strong aroma when I enter the doors at the middle school end of our building....so welcoming!

Chuck and I both lost around 50 pounds each.  We worked really hard making good choices and controlling portions beginning in Jan. of 2010.  Well, when summer rolled around, we lost our diligence and became a little more lax.  Now it's time to get back with the program.  Starting today, I am going to be more conscientious about my food intake....no more indulging in sweets, breads, fats, etc.!  I've got to do it for me and for my family.  Wish me luck....and willpower!

I did not go to the grocery store at all last week!  We have no staples in the house!  Both the kids and Chuck wanted bread over the weekend, and all I could say was, "We don't have any."  Isn't that pitiful....not even a slice of bread!  I've got to make a trip to Bi-Lo and get some essentials so I can prepare tonight's supper, and plan for the upcoming week.

One more day of school until fall intercession!  HOORAY!!

That's all for now....again, have a marvelous Monday all!

Jo


 


No comments:

Post a Comment