Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Volleyball in Camden

MCHS traveled to Camden High School tonight for a tri-match with Camden and Darlington.  The team rode the bus, of course, and Kasey rode with me....she's great company!!

My friend, Johnny, who live in Camden and who was at Winthrop at the same time I was, was at the vb match taking pictures..  I talked to him and told him to take a few snapshots of L and MJ....hopefully he'll post them on FB so I can add them to this entry....at some point....


Anyway, MCHS varsity played Camden in the first match and Camden stomped us by a score of 25 - 7..  :(  In the second match, Coach W played the JV girls, and we got massacred by a score of 25 - 4! :( :(  I honestly don't know what she was thinking by only letting the JV play, but then again, it was not my job to think today...



Good news....Deanna and Kate came in from CC to see L and MJ play!  It was so good to see them....I <3 Deanna, and Kate's pretty special too...

OK, then Marlboro played Darlington twice and whipped them in both matches....thank goodness!  At least our trip to Camden was not a complete disaster.  I cannot remember the score...suffice it to say we showed up and did a good job!



After the matches were over, all five of the girls and I headed toward the interstate and stopped at the "WaHo"....Kate's acronym for Waffle House... :)  We all crammed into a booth and had supper and a lot of fun talking, eating, and telling stories...

Got home around 9:45, and now I'm waiting for the girls' uniforms to finish washing so I can stick them in the dryer...gotta be ready for a match at home tomorrow....

Good night,
Jo

1 comment: