Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday - Sept. 21, 2010

TOP 2 HAIRCARE PRODUCTS
One of my favorite haircare products is White Rain non-aerosol hair spray.  My hair is thick and wavy, and definitely has a mind of its own....so every now and then, I need a little extra-strength control!!  This hairspray is very inexpensive, but works as well as any of the more pricey, salon products I've purchased. 
Call me old-fashioned, but I still love White Rain products.  I can remember when my mama used White Rain "cream rinse" on her hair.  She'd mix up a little in a cup with some water and pour it over her hair after rinsing out the shampoo.  The thick, white cream was so cool and fresh smelling and made her hair so smooth and soft....such good memories...

Another fav is Queen Helene's Cholesterol.  Years ago I developed a very dry, sensitive scalp, and a black friend who was in cosmetology school recommended that I try this hair conditioning cream.  It, also, is very inexpensive, but works great.  It's a thick, peach-colored cream that you can work into your hair and scalp after shampooing and it conditions your hair and makes your scalp feel moisturized... not too dry and not too greasy...I promise, it's not oily or greasy at all!  You can find it on the ethnic hair care aisle in most drug and dept. stores.....
I guess one can tell that at our house, we are all very simple, low-maintenance folk....we use what we like, and what works for us....

<3

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from Tuesday Blog Hop, I am now following you!
    Andria
    www.andrialake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete