Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday

I'm linking up with Taylor over at The Undomestic Momma for one of my weekly favorites, Top 2 Tuesday!

Top 2 Cleaning and Organization tips or tricks

I will confess, right here and now....I am not organized or neat....
I so wish I was....I envy people whose houses are spotless and tidy all the time.  It just has never been a big thing for me...not a priority. In an effort to become more organized, scheduled, and put together, I purchased a paperback titled Confessions of an Organized Homemaker.  I read the book from cover to cover, and did pick up a few tidbits that I've been able to stick with....here are the ones that I employ...

[one]
Be motion minded.  Store things at or near the point of first use.  Store equipment and supplies so you can work without having to take a lot of steps.  Be aware of your motions.  Try to handle things only once.

[two]
Group frequently used things together.  I have a plastic dishpan in a bottom cabinet in my kitchen, and in this dishpan are all of the small appliances that are not kept on the counter.  These items include the hand mixer, small food processor, salad shooter, electric knife, and hand blender.  In another cabinet, I keep a plastic shoe storage box with all of our vitamins, pain relievers (Tylenol, Motrin, Alleve), and any current cold/allergy medication that we are taking consistently.  This has been a real help...instead of plundering though the medicine chest, I can quickly pull down the shoe box and everything is right there together.

No comments:

Post a Comment