Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday

Top 2 Favorite gifts you have received
{one}
In 1994, on the 55th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz, Chuck surprised me with a boxed gift set that included the movie on DVD, a CD of all of the movie's music, several B&W photos from the film, and a copy of the script.  I was so excited!  I could hardly believe that I actually had the script of the movie....I don't really need it though since I have the entire movie memorized.  Anyway, it was a fabulous gift that I still treasure today.

{two}
When I was a junior at Winthrop, my Uncle DeWitt gave me money to order my college class ring.  I was so happy because I had anticipated having a class ring for years....I didn't get a high school class ring because I knew I really wanted a college ring.  Anyway, I got the traditional Winthrop College ring in yellow gold with a black onyx stone.  I wore the ring every day.  When I was teaching my first year, I lost the ring.  Needless to say I was devastated! 
Years later when Chuck and I were dating and he was a graduate student at Winthrop, he ordered me another class ring exactly like the one Uncle DeWitt bought for me.  I still wear the ring today, and will probably always wear it.  Both of these rings were favorite gifts because both were from extra special and important men in my life.


1 comment:

  1. I went to Winthrop for a summer program! It's beautiful! Found you from The Blessing box link.

    ReplyDelete