Friday, November 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm linking up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook on
this quiet, rainy day after Thanksgiving....
FOR TODAY...
Outside my window...it's cool, overcast, and it has been raining off and on...


I am thinking...I really want this to be a low-key day with no drama or stress.

I am thankful for...my kids, my husband, last nights bountiful Thanksgiving feast, and the current silence.

I am pondering...what Chuck is going to do about buying a third vehicle and who he is going to get to work on the house...


From the kitchen...not too much going on at the minute...Chuck is at the table working on fire dept. business...

I am wearing...soft, worn jeans, my pink WFD t-shirt, and brown crocs...

I am creating...a list in my head of all of the things that I need to do...but that probably won't get done today....I'm procrastinating....

I am going...to take Lawren to BB practice and then the family is going out with Chuck's mama tonight for supper.

I am reading...blogs, Facebook, Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado...

Living a healthy lifestyle...is so tough....I've got to get back on my WW plan and start counting points again.....and drink more water...


I am hoping... my headache will subside, and hoping that the Advent Fair will be well attended and will go smoothly on Sunday afternoon...

I am hearing...the low volume of the kitchen TV, occasional printer use, wind chimes tinkling in the backyard, and the drone of an airplane in the distance

Around the house...shoes scattered around, afghans and pillows on the couch, and the usual piles of laundry waiting to be attended to....
Around the yard... the oak tree limbs are hanging low and squirrels scamper around as they enjoy the many acorns on the ground...

One of my favorite things... comfortable, casual clothing...

A few plans for the rest of the week... supper with the M-I-L tonight; low-key, uneventful Saturday; SS and church (Hanging of the Greens) on Sunday, followed by the Advent Fair and congregational supper; and then school next week...ready to see those sweet, fresh-faced 1st graders!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your post. Visiting via the Follow Friday Hop. I have twin boys, they are 18yo now, thank goodness! Have a great weekend.

    Blog Hopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this day book format...great post!
    new follower here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good questions and answers :)
    Happy blog hop and come follow me back when you can :)
    Xo
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete