Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday 9: Just What I Needed


Saturday 9: Just What I Needed
1. Who was the last person who entered your life and was just what you needed?  This may be a peculiar answer, but the last was a group....a class of first graders!  They are totally wide-eyed, innocent and wonderful!


2. What is one of your fondest childhood memories?  One of my fondest (and probably earliest) childhood memories is playing in the sandbox with Cindy, and my daddy sitting in a folding lawn chair watching us.  When we dug through the white sand and into the soil below, he'd tap his cane on the wooden box and tell us, "Don't dig down to the black!"  My daddy died just after I turned 4, and I don't have many authentic memories of him, but I'm sure that this is one....


3. What would you like to be doing in 7 years?  In seven years, Charles will be 24 and the girls will be 22.  All will be adults, and hopefully established and working on being successful.  I would like to still be teaching, and happily enjoying my life with Chuck and my children, and their families, if it's God's will.


4. Tell us about a blogging pet peeve.  My biggest blogging pet peeve is misuse of words....[your, you're, to, two, too, lose, loose...the list can go on forever...]


5. Tell us about a general pet peeve.  People who chew ice....grrr-r-r-r-r!!

6. For one day, who would you like to trade places with?  A beach bum in Key West


7. Where is your least favorite place to be?  In Monday afternoon TAP cluster meetings at school!

8. What do you like about fall?  Cooler temps, wearing sweaters and long sleeves,  smells of cinnamon and other homey spices, and colorful foliage!

9. If you or someone you know are chronically late, do you believe it's the result of poor planning or choosing to be late?  My husband used to be a chronically late kind of guy, but after years of nagging training, I've gotten him to be a little more conscientious.  His lateness was caused by apathy....he just did not care if he was late or not.  I, on the other hand, was taught by my mama to be on time, if not early.  The two of us have finally reached an agreement, and we are now on time to work, church, gatherings, etc....thank goodness...unless something unforeseen happens.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this post! love all of your answers too, Jo! I might have to play along :)
    And! I have an award for you my sweet, Jo! Please swing by and pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete