Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blessing Box

I'm linking up with Natalie for this weeks edition of
The Blessing Box....
There are so many things that my family and I have to be thankful for...
so many blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon us.
Here are a few for this Thanksgiving week....
 
We were all saddened Sunday morning by the death of Izzy.  She was such a sweet little puppy and surely showed us a lot about love. I think our family was blessed by having her in our lives for the few weeks in November that she was with us.
 
I'm blessed to have a willing and helpful church family who will pitch in to work on projects.  I've been planning the Advent Fair for kids and adults at FUMC on Sunday afternoon, and our Sunday school class is serving a soup and sandwich supper afterwards.  Hopefully the event will turn out good and all involved will learn new things about Christ's birth and traditions of the season.
 
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating....
we will be out of school for the next five days, and that's a blessing because all of us need a short respite from the day-to-day hustle. 
 
I am thankful that the plans for the Davis family get-together on Dec. 26 are coming along.  I've heard from all of my brothers and my sister, and so far, I think all of them will be able to come.  I sure hope most of my nieces and nephews will be there too!  It would be wonderful to have everyone together....we've not all been together since Chuck and I got married in June 1992....(OMG!  That's 18 years!)
 
My family and I are blessed to be members of the household of faith and to be believers in Christ Jesus.  We are blessed to live in America where we can openly worship and praise God without fear of persecution.  We are thankful for all of the gifts that God has given us and recognize that all things come through Him.  Thank you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for giving us the opportunity to serve you.  Let Your light shine through all of us so that others may see.

No comments:

Post a Comment