Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day, especially to all of the mothers in my family.  There are so many shining examples of motherhood in our family, beginning not with this current generation, but going back many, many decades. 

My beautiful mama, Harriet Hodges Evans Hodges Davis, was the absolute best mama ever.  Widowed with five children, she raised all of us to be caring and kind, independent and rational, educated and successful, and loving and forgiving.  She was my best friend, my confidant, and my role model.  She, without a doubt, made me who I am today.  I love her and miss her more than anyone will ever know, and look forward to the day when I see her again.

There are many other selfless, loving, beautiful mothers in my family also.  Here are just a few....
My wonderful sister-in-law, Kathy....and my beautiful niece Kit
My sweet sister-in-law Gayle

My brave niece Christi, and her daughter, Victoria

Not only my niece, but my friend....
Mary, and her sons John and Harvey

Chuck's mother Beulah, and his sister, Vivian...
along with the rest of the family
A Davis family matriarch, Aunt Mary
My loving sister, Chandler
My quiet, caring sister-in-law Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment