Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Graduate

It hit me like a ton of bricks....
I knew it was coming;  I had plenty of time to prepare for it.....

The time has come for
Charles to graduate from high school!
Today, the seniors got their caps, gowns, tassels, announcements, and extra goodies from the Josten's representative.  Charles brought his bag down to my classroom and we looked at everything. 

WOW....my baby is graduating....that's all I could think...WOW!


Excuse me, but where did the last 17 years go??
It seems like I just brought him home from the hospital...
and now he's finishing high school?

Charles, you make me so proud.  You have grown up to be a smart, caring, hard-working young man, and I love you.  Always remember that I am here for you, through good times and bad, and that you will always be
my baby.

"I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
 
from:
Love You Forever
written by Robert Munsch
illustrated by Sheila McGraw

1 comment:

  1. I remember the day my 1st child graduate high school a couple of years ago. It didn't seem possible. They grow up way too fast. What a handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete