Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blogging Thru the Alphabet - G

Every day or so (it's been a while, I know), I’m going to blog about things, people, ideas, concepts, places, etc. that start with a different letter of the alphabet. The letter for today is G….

Gayle - Gayle is my sister-in-law, married to my oldest bother Larry.  I've known her all of my life, or at least all of my life that I can remember.  She is the most gentle , kind hearted, loving soul that I know.  She is a wonderful wife (she'd have to be to be married to my brother for almost 43 years!), a caring mother, and a selfless grandmother to her 4 grandchildren.  The world is truly a better place because of her!  I love you Gayle...
Gayle Davis

Green - my favorite color.  Go "here" to see all things green that I love!!

Grits - I know that grits are a southern food and some people say that they don't like them, but my  questions is...what's not to like??  Warm, buttery, soothing and comforting...the perfect food!


Giraffes - I've always liked giraffes.  I remember when I was a teenager, my mama bought me a tiny porcelain giraffe, probably about 3 inches tall.  It was so delicate and sweet.  Also, when the kids were about 3 and 5 years old, we took them to Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia for a class/workshop called "Gigantic Giraffes."  After classroom activities, we had the opportunity to walk down to the giraffe barn to see where the giraffes stayed when they were on display.  It was a great experience for the kids....and me!

God - Where would I be without Him?  He is my rock and redeemer.  Thank you God for Your unconditional love and Your saving grace.  None of us deserve Your mercy, but thank You for bestowing it upon us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment