Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice

Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice
1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you?  OMG....I cannot think of anything that a complete stranger has done for me....poor, poor, pitiful me.....

2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?  When I think about how fortunate I was to be my mama's daughter, I feel her love in my spirit.  I love to occasionally visit her grave and reflect on my family's strong, rich heritage....those in the past made me who I am today, and I'm very thankful for the examples that they set for me. 

3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?  I've worked in probably 4 jobs in my life.  I worked at a linen and carpet store for several summers when I was in college, for 2 day camps through county rec. depts., and for the past 27 years as a teacher....a sp. ed. teacher...my life's vocation and calling!

4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?  I left one day camp suddenly yet voluntarily.....the other 2 jobs were temporary summer jobs, and of course, I'm still teaching.....they'll probably have to take me out of my classroom feet first... :)
 
5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)  I discovered the Saturday 9 from a meme website.  I've been playing along for several months.....it's a GREAT meme!!!

6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted?  Wine.....yuck....

7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
I'm certain that I am a child of God's and He loves me in spite of my shortcomings.  I am firm in my convictions about raising my children and doing the best that I can to teach them morals and values that will hopefully take them far in life.

8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts?  I came up with the title on the spur of the moment because I couldn't think of anything better.....I'm sure there is something more interesting or creative, but at the time, I just played it safe and chose "Everyday Life."

9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?  Yes, I am a good cook.  My mama taught me and my siblings to cook, and we all can take care of ourselves in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment