Friday, December 17, 2010

TGIF!!

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm so glad today is the last day of school and we'll be out for the next three weeks for intercession.  I've been so busy in the past few days that I've not even had time to get on the computer.  Don't get me wrong....I've still not accomplished anything...no shopping, no decorating, no Christmas cards addressed, no candy making or baking....

I've got to get myself together and get BUSY....maybe tomorrow...

Anyway...

MJ, Josh, and I had a good time yesterday.  We made several stops here and there and finally made it to Charlotte for Happy's graduation from nursing school at Queens University. 
 I was so happy to see everyone, especially Chandler.  I've not seen her since March 1998.  She and Gary flew in and are spending the Christmas holidays in NC and SC. If I haven't mentioned before, I'm hosting a Davis family get-together for all of my brothers and my sister and their families on Dec. 26.  I'm sincerely hoping that everyone will make a special effort to be there.  It has been so long since we've all been together as a family.  

After her pinning, we walked over to a very nice reception for the graduates.  When we left there, we rode over to Southpark Mall and looked around for about an hour and then met everyone at the Providence Cafe, a very nice Italian restaurant, for dinner.  The food and the atmosphere were wonderful and I had such a good time visiting and talking with my sister.  I've really missed her and am so happy to reconnect with her!
Got this nursing t-shirt for Happy at
Pee Dee Outfitters in Cheraw...
Oh, and good, good news!  I'm going to have a new great-niece!  Happy and Robert are expecting a daughter on March 2, 2011.  I'm so happy for them, and for Chandler....her first grandchild!

Well, again, TGIF and happy last day of school for this year!  We all need this much deserved break!

<3
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment