Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday 9: Hard Habit to Break



Saturday 9: Hard Habit to Break
1. Do you have any habits or rituals at this time of year?  We always make a trip to the Hallmark store to purchase ornaments.  We decorate several Christmas trees, and go to the Christmas eve service at our church...


2. Polar bears seem to do well in the snow... How about you? Is snow just another thing you deal with when it shows up, or is it shutdown time?   Here in the sunny South, when it snows, it's a big event!  If the weatherman even mentions snow, there is a mad dash to the local grocery store to buy milk and bread!  I'm serious...there won't be a loaf or a carton in the building....and why southerners need milk and bread to survive an inch of snow that will be melted away by noon is beyond me.... :)

 3. Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood.   My favorite toys were my Barbie dolls....the girls in the neighborhood and I would get together with our Barbies and play for hours!!!  Such good memories...


4. If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be?  Food....


5. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they?  Two of my brothers live about 15 miles away in the next small town.  My brother John lives about two hours away in Chester, and my sister lives in Berkeley, CA....we're making plans to get together for the first time since 1992 later int the month....I'm so excited!!


6. My mom ordered a turkey dinner from a local market. It was o.k., but not very good. How was your turkey (or last holiday meal) this year?  Super!  I cooked the turnkey, dressing, and gravy, and the other Creeches made everything else.  We'll do it again on Christmas night, and I can hardly wait!


7. In a one horse open sleigh: Have you ever been on a sleigh ride or a carriage ride? Do you even like horses? Or would you just rather travel by your own two feet?  When Chuck and I were on our honeymoon, we took a carriage ride in Charleston. 


8. What is your favorite Christmas song? ...and sung or played by whom? You know, the one you tend to listen for on the radio or hit 'repeat' on the player...  My favorite Christmas songs are Please Come Home for Christmas by The Eagles, and Christmas in Dixie by Alabama.


9. What is your least favorite Christmas song? ...and sung or played by whom? You know, the one you tend to skip on the player..  The Little Drummer Boy by everyone who sings it...

No comments:

Post a Comment