Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Miscellany Monday

I am linking up again this week with Carissa at lowercase letters
for this week's edition of
Miscellany Monday.
It is sooooo cold....
When we went out this morning, the thermometer said 21 degrees!  It really feels like winter even though the actual season doesn't start for another week!
Instead of going to school today, the girls and I went to the Samaritan's Purse in Charlotte with their youth group from Christ UMC.  We took approximately 60 boxes stuffed full of goodies and gifts for needy kids in the Ukraine. 
 Our shift was supposed to be from 2 - 6 PM, but by 2:30, every box had been handled!  The center processed over 2 million boxes this season!  We had a wonderful day spending time with each other and in service to others.


Charles got his MCHS class ring!  Vivian and he picked it out and ordered it a few months ago and they had a ring ceremony in the media center to present the rings to the students.  I sure wish that I could have been there too, but I couldn't be in two places at once.....
Chuck and his Aunt Vivian
I'm working hard but still have not completed any holiday decorating.  I've not done any shopping worth mentioning either!  Hopefully I'll have the time, energy, and spirit to get all of this taken care of within the next few days!!

Happy MONDAY everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment