Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day Zero Project - Winthrop

104.  Visit Winthrop

Lawren and Mary Jo played in  the NSA Summer Stars Showcase Tournament the weekend of June 18-19, 2011, in Rock Hill, SC.  While there, I had the opportunity to visit my college Alma mater, Winthrop College/University.  It has been years since I've been on campus.  A lot was still the same, but there were a lot of changes too. 

Here are a few pictures (taken with my phone) of my visit.

Flags and banners on Oakland Avenue

Now the sign says Winthrop University, but
back then, it said Winthrop College....

Margaret Nance...dorm where I lived my freshman
and sophomore years

Fountain outside of Margaret Nance....

Bancroft....dorm where I lived
as a junior

Withers

Withers....the building where all of the
education classes were held

Back view of Withers...

Info. on the Eagle statue

This Eagle statue is awesome....
this is the first time I'd seen it!

I wouldn't trade my 4 years at
Winthrop for anything in the
world.....those were some of
the best years of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment