Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Alphabe-Thursday "E"

I'm really ashamed of myself....
 I am linking up with Jenny for
ALPHABE-THURSDAY...
 a whole week late!

Last week's letter was E...maybe for "excuse me, please."

earrings – I love earrings! I got my ears pierced for the first time when I was in 5th grade. I rode my bicycle across town to Dr. Godwin’s office and he gave me a tetanus shot and pierced my ears. My grandmama, Neenie, died a few days later, and I remember being especially upset because she never got to see me with earrings on.
Since then, I’ve had my ears pierced several more times….I actually have four holes in my left ear and two in my right ear….and I love to wear different earrings in each hole!
email – What did we ever do before computers and email? Oh yes, I remember…we wrote letters…on stationery…and put them in addressed envelopes and mailed them. But now, we depend on instantaneous messaging. Email is so quick and efficient. Thank you, inventor of email. I appreciate your contribution to the ease of everyday life!

eucalyptus – After Chuck and I bought our house, Mama gave us a eucalyptus tree to plant in the front yard. The tree is so tall and beautiful now, and its leaves give the whole front yard a soothing, comforting smell.
edelweiss – One of the best scenes in The Sound of Music (my second favorite movie) is when Captain Von Trapp sings “Edelweiss.”

education – My vocation, my calling, my life. Education is so important…it’s one thing that no one can take away from you once you have it.
Education is the movement from darkness to light. ~Allan Bloom
eBay– Just about anything you could ever want can be found on eBay. I started using eBay about 10 years ago when I was really into scrapbooking, but since then have purchased many things, and have even sold books, kids’ clothing, and other miscellaneous items. It is truly the “World’s Marketplace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment