Monday, November 14, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters


[one]
So we went to the beach for the weekend for L and MJ's last softball tournament.  When I say "last tournament," I do mean last.  They have decided not to play travel softball next year.  I am a bit sad to think that that part of our busy life is over, but I've come to the realization that this is probably best for our family.  We, as parents, are often pulled in many different directions, have so many financial obligations, and  expel a large amount of energy encouraging/quelling our three teenagers youthful attempts at independence.  So it's over, and I'm so over it.  It was definitely fun while it lasted!

[two]
My GBE was due today...and for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, I mean Goals Based Evaluation.  Our school district has switched from using TAP as a teacher evaluation tool, back to GBE... and here, thirteen or so weeks into the school year, we've been instructed to come up with goals that we hope to accomplish over the next few years, until our teaching certificates expire.  Personally, I thought I'd developed fine goals, but my asst. principal was quick to discourage me.  I took the easy way out  and  caved...I rewrote one of the goals to satisfy her....

[three]
The weather here is CRAZY!  We've had cold, frosty nights, cool blustery days, and now, the temps are climbing back into the 80's!  Fall of '11 is certainly a mixed up season here in the South!

[four]
I've got to start planning for the Advent Fair for our church.  It is scheduled for Sunday, and I've done nothing to prepare for it.  This is procrastination at it's best!!


[five]
For some reason, I've bitten all of my fingernails off!  It is the craziest thing I've done in a long while, and I cannot for the life of me, figure out what made me do it!  Hopefully I'll come to my senses and keep my hands out of my mouth (ewww....nasty!) and they will start growing again!

[six]
It's late.....time for me to go to bed.
G'night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment