Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Back...and Ramblng....

I'm back, even though I've not been anywhere.  I don't really know why I have not been blogging....just haven't been in the mood.  I'm not saying that I've been in a bad mood or anything.  I have been sick with bronchitus and sinusitus for a few weeks, but other than that, I'm happy with everything going on!


My job at MCHS is super fabulous!  I have three classes where I teach Family and Consumer Science and then I accompany a group of students to the weight room for a period.  After that class, I have a 50 minute lunch period and then two planning periods, and then I accompany a group to Horticulture class.  I get to be at school with our three children and Chuck (even though I don't get to see him  too much during the day), and now we're all on the same school schedule.  I pass the kids in the hallway every now and then, but we don't hang out....that makes them happy!  Anyway, school is GREAT!


Lawren and MJ have started softball season at school, and Charles is playing golf on the school team.  Their afternoons are consumed with practices and games/matches.  Chuck is teaching basic firefighting two nights a week, and all of that keeps the family busy.  I am working with a student who is out of school for a health problem, but other than that, I just work on chauffering the girls (who, by the way, both have their restricted liscenses!!) and working on regular, everyday chores like laundry, cooking, etc.


Pippi is growing.  She's as mean as a rattlesnake, and we can hardly wait for her sharp little puppy fangs to fall out!  Seriously though, she is a little vicious, but at other times sweet as pie and cute as a button, all white and fluffy with her long, shiny black ears!


I've been to the doctor twice in the past two weeks for this congestion mess.  After my first visit, I took a round of antibiotics and steroids, and narcotic cough syrurp.  When I was not recovering, I went back to the doctor and she gave me a different antibiotic.  I can see a little improvement but am no where near well.  I am anxiously anticipating feeling better soon!!


Chandler is now a grandmama to a beautiful baby girl, Isabella Nell.  Pictures prove that baby Isabella is a tiny miracle and a blessing to our family.  Chandler came back to NC/SC after the baby's birth and we got to visit again with her.  I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to reconnect with my sister after all of these years. 


While Chan was visiting, she talked to L and MJ about them visiting her this summer.  They are flying to SF on June 22 and will return home on July 13.....lucky girls will be spending 3 weeks in California.  They will have the time of their lives and will enjoy an experience that they'll never forget!  I'm so happy that they are being afforded this opportunity!


We met with Chuck's brother and sister last night at Fatz in Cheraw to celebrate Beulah's 76th birthday.  We had a nice supper together.  Chuck is so lucky to have his immediate family and so many aunts, uncles, and cousins all living right here in the area.    Happy birthday Beaulah.  I wish you many more!


Gas prices have soared to over $3 a gallon!  It is really ridiculous how much it costs to fill up the car.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that prices will drop before too long.


Well, this rambling post is hopefully the first of many consecutive posts to come.  I'm going to try to keep up and blog daily like I was before fading away in February.....

No comments:

Post a Comment